- This handy guide will show new General Managers how to get set up and play in an online OOTP league. General tips for playing the game are included here.
Official OOTP Online League Manual
Loading the game file
- Download the file:
- Unzip the file into your OOTP18 Saved Games folder, making sure you don’t nest a POTD18.lg folder inside another or your game won’t open. If you get an error opening the game, that’s likely the cause.
- Open the game and load the POTD18 league. Choose your team and enter your password.
General Online Play
- You will be reviewing and changing your team as you see fit, exporting the file and when the sims happen and you are notified the sim file is ready to download, update the game to display the sim results.
Viewing Game Replays
- With online play you can hide the game scores on the Schedule page and watch the actual replays from the games without knowing who won.
- Select Scores and Schedule from the top POTD menu or bottom League menu
- Select Hide scores to turn off the display of completed games
- Select Watch Replay from each completed game you wish to watch.
- The sim file will only contain the last 7 days of replays.
- You can also check the game’s Box score and Game log from the same location.
Manager Home page
- From the Manager Home page you can do most things you need to keep your team well managed. To get to the Manager Home page, you can select your manager name from the top right corner of the game screen.
- Check for Updated League Files – Use this button after each sim to download the new sim file automatically. This will bring your game up to date, moving the game date along usually one week.
- Export your team via FTP – After you make all the changes you want to make prior to each sim deadline, using this button will automatically send the team export file for processing.
- Review your roster – From here you can see your roster. Select the Team Affiliate button in the bottom right of the game screen to change between your A, AA, AA or ML (Major League) roster.
- Select your Pitching Staff – Drag and drop each pitcher into the correct slot to set up your Pitching Staff. Select the Team Affiliate button in the bottom right of the game screen to change between your R,A, AA, AA or ML (Major League) roster.
- Set your Lineups & Depth Charts – Set your lineups and Depth charts with this screen. Select the Team Affiliate button in the bottom right of the game screen to change between your R,A, AA, AA or ML (Major League) roster.
- You can set your team strategy covering nearly every situation here. Select the Team Affiliate button in the bottom right of the game screen to change between your R,A, AA, AA or ML (Major League) roster.
- Review your Financials – Set your Ticket Price and Team focus here. You can also review your current and past budgets here. You can see your Proj. Budget Room to see how much cap room you have for hiring players.
- Sign Free Agents / View Pending Offers – View the list of current Free Agents. You can right click on each player and offer a contract. You can offer a wide variety of contracts but you need to keep an eye on future financials to be a successful team. You can also see you pending offers for offers submitted. All offers are processed in the sim.
- Check The Waiver Wire – Check the Waiver wire to see and claim players from other teams. Right click to submit the claim. All claims are processed in the sim.
- Demote/ Promote Players – Use the Transactions screen to move player around in your system. In the POTD, players without Option years need to clear waivers before they can be removed from the 40 man roster or be demoted to the Minors. A player already in the Minors can move freely between A, AA or AAA. Players needing to clear waivers must be dragged into the Waiver screen to begin the process, when they clear (and aren’t claimed) they can be moved to the minors.
- Check the disabled List – View the disabled list to add or remove players from the Disabled List. Players on the 14 day disabled list are removed from the 25 man roster; players on the 60 day disabled list are removed from the 40 man roster.